Sunday, February 14, 2010

Playing Games - Michael Pietrasz

Boom! Marissa sunk my Battleship
again and again and again
my heart fell, Scattergories
like a drunk playing Jenga

it was game night
no Chess or Checkers
only games with three people

Marissa invited him and me
a triangle of love
I played the puppy
while he was the racecar

A cop in theory
he called it law enforcement
trying to get a triple word score

yet I had no Clue
I just wanted to Go Go Go
while those two
were trying to Connect Four

what a game of Risk
waiting for the last Uno card
in the Battle of the Sexes

it Boggled my mind
how I made the same Sorry! mistake
over and over and over again
thinking I could somehow, Backgammon

I left their Candy Land
let them scream Yahtzee!
all night long

I was stuck
in my own Trivial Pursuits
but I guess that’s why it’s called
The Game of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment