Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dumped - Caroline Frank

Sometime around five they screeched to a stop,
And a charming young doll with blues eyes got on.
The group fell silent - in fact, they were stumped:
How did someone as handsome as him get dumped?

“She thought I was perfect when she stood in the aisle,
She held me tightly beneath her beautiful smile.
But then she took me home and we got down to living,
I guess she got bored or maybe Barbie said something.
Needless to say when this new guy showed up,
He moved in the mansion and I’m in the dump.”

“I understand what it’s like to feel cheated,
Because I gave that bastard all he ever needed.
He used me for everything! From his lunch to his car,
But like everything else he just took it too far.
And then he blamed me for the mistakes that he made -
He cut me to pieces and threw me away.”

“What happened to me was not nearly as violent,
He just moved on and for years left me silent.
And if there is one feeling I’ll never forget,
It’s the touch of his fingertips grazing my neck.
He blamed himself, said I’d done nothing wrong,
His mind was made up, but, we played one last song.”

“I hate to crash this pity party,
But when you’re all done feeling sorry,
I think that you should heed my warning:

This truck is headed for the quarry
So this guy can dump this dead girl’s body.”

“What are you saying?!”

“How can this happen?

“We’re all gonna drown! We have to stop him!”

“Are you really that crazy? What do you plan to do?
He felt no mercy for her, he feels nothing for you.”

“God dammit! Could this day get any worse?!
Is it not bad enough we were dumped by the curb?”

“Not when you can’t stop the one driving your hearse.”

No comments:

Post a Comment