Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Shark in a Well - Philippe Javier Garcesto

In a restless concoction I once encountered
The Shark in a Well with whom I Battled
Terrorist of All Blue stuck in pipe
That could barely fit his Monstrous hide
Trapped in the confines of this Steel room
My only escape was through the Well
Where certainly awaited my Doom

With only a Strip of plexi-glass to cover the opening
I pressed my weight on top to brace against the Titan
His determination to barge into the room was Shocking
The pearly Knives that graced his Smile;
This beast of the sea sought to Chew upon My Head!

With no weapons on hand just my mind to withstand
The Fear of this demon Awash all over me
Pressure against the glass; my Will close to Collapse
The end was near I was losing my strength
Time crawled towards the inevitable conclusion

I stared into his black Soulless eyes
The Hunger was his only Allegiance
He broke through the surface as I was thrown back
He smiled to me a shivering quivering Edible mess and said
“STRUGGLE or SURRENDER”

No comments:

Post a Comment